منتديات شبكة شعاع الدعوية للتعليم عن بعد

منتديات شبكة شعاع الدعوية للتعليم عن بعد (https://hwazen.com/vb/index.php)
-   التعريف بالاسلام باللغة الانجليزية islamic forum (https://hwazen.com/vb/f80.html)
-   -   They are not [all] the same! (https://hwazen.com/vb/t22757.html)

إسمهان الجادوي 11-02-2022 12:52 PM

They are not [all] the same!

• Is it permissible to classify all infidels and polytheists in one category: The good and the bad and taking them all as enemies because disbelievers are all the same in disbelief?

* Equality between infidels is unjust, and I affirm that it is foolishness and abusiveness that can harm the interests of the nation and add more enemies to it.

* If the denizens of the Fire are equal in tasting the torment, they are different in the types of torment: Some of them shall have lighter punishment and the people who are in the bottom of Hell are not the same as those who are at the top.

* Disbelief is not the cause for fighting unbelievers, but the reason is stopping aggression and the removal of sedition.

* The origin of relations is based on peace, and Islam does not allow its followers to interfere in others' businesses except for a necessity.

* It is not permissible to attack disbelievers based on hatred and enmity.

* We should benefit from just people all over the world, inclining them into our row, using them in supporting our causes, and making them stand in our side.

Some Muslims put all non-Muslims together, no matter how different they are, in one basket or in more precise expression put them all in one side. They say: (All disbelievers are the same in disbelief)

and based on that, all infidels and polytheists are classified in one category: The good and the bad, the just and unjust without differentiation and consider them all as enemies. They use the following Ayah as a proof: "Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him) till you follow their religion. Say: Verily, the Guidance of Allah (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) that is the (only) Guidance. And if you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him) were to follow their (Jews and Christians) desires after what you have received of Knowledge (i.e. the Quran), then you would have against Allah neither any Wali (protector or guardian) nor any helper." [Surat Al Baqarah: 120].

No doubt the Ayah denoted that all disbelievers are equal because of Allah's Saying: "their religion" and hold the following Ayah also as a proof: "To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)." [Surat Al Kafirun: 6].

My view is: Disbelievers are not equal in regard to their positions and attitudes from Muslim causes and from the point of our relationship with them in this world. Some of them are good and some are bad, some are just and some are not, some love goodness and support the oppressed no matter what his religion or race is. This classification applies to individuals, groups, and countries. Even the people of Pre-Islamic Period, some of them used to command people with justice and support the oppressed. Of them were those who demanded the nullification of the boycott sheet [that was made against Muslims in the early period of Islam] and enabled to end the besiege of the Prophet (peace be upon him), his Companions, and his relatives in the valley of Banu Hashim after three years of boycott and starvation.

Before the coming of Islam, they held the confederacy of Al Fudul to support the oppressed in the house of `Abdullah ibn Jad`an and was witnessed by the Prophet (peace be upon him) who praised it after his Prophethood to the extent that he said: "I was present with my uncles at the alliance of the clan of Muttalib. I would not wish to break it, even for red camels." [As-Silsilah As-Sahihah -abridged- (Vol. 4/ p.524)]. Ibn Kathir said in An-Nihayah: Banu Hashim, Banu Zahrah, and Taym gathered in the house of Ibn Jad`an during the time of Jahiliyah and put perfume in a vessel, dipped their hands therein, and set alliance to support one another and to help the oppressed, so they were called Al Mutayyibin [perfume bearers].

Yes, disbelievers are not equal because Allah created all the people and made them different, so how could we equate between the good and the bad, the just and the criminal; they are not equal.

If we are commanded to ward off the person who has enmity with us in a good way to turn his enmity to intimacy, it is more entitled to turn the enmity of the people who support our causes more than some Muslims to friends.

The Shari`ah itself confirms that disbelievers are not equal because the Shari`ah commands with justice and it is not fair to make the good equal to the bad or Abu Lahab as Abu Talib and both were the uncles of the Prophet (peace be upon him) but they were not equal.

What do you say about `Uthman ibn Talhah Al Hijaby and his jealousy, chastity, integrity, and chivalry when he accompanied Um Salamah during her migration to Medina. She used to say: "By Allah, I do not a people who were inflicted with the same infliction of Abu Salamah, and I have never seen a companion more generous than `Uthman ibn Abu Talhah." He was a disbeliever then Allah guided him to Islam later on. [Read the story of her migration in Sirat Ibn Hisham (vol. 1 / p. 468)].

If all believers are equal, how do you explain the Prophet's dealing with non-Muslims such as `Abdullah ibn Urayqit and his uncle Al `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) when he was still a disbeliever?

Disbelievers are not equal in Hell-Fire:

If you say: Indeed, disbelievers are all the same and they are equal in punishment, I say that Allah shall not accept a religion from a person but Islam and I do not doubt the disbelief of unbelievers and they shall taste hell in the Hereafter. I am not like those people who equate all the people whether Muslims or non-Muslim under the pretext of getting religions closer because those people did not hear Allah's Saying: "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Surat Al `Imran: 85]. Disbelievers, no matter their religions and doctrines, die and go to hell but hell is not one stage and the people of the bottom are not equal to the people at the top.

"Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depths (grade) of the Fire" [Surat An-Nisa': 145]. The people of hell are not equal in torment and the proof is the Hadith of Al `Abbas ibn `Abdul-Muttalib who said to the Prophet (peace be upon him): O Prophet of Allah, did you benefit Abu Talib, for he used to protect and take care of you? He said: Yes, he shall be at the top of Hell and had not it been for my intercession, he would have been in the bottom of Hell." The reason for abating the torment of Abu Talib is his protection to his nephew and the intercession of the Prophet (peace be upon him) for him. Scholars said: It is a merit granted to him by Allah (Glory be to Him).

Of the proofs that disbelievers are not equal in Hell-Fire and they are not all equal is Allah's Saying: "For all there will be degrees (or ranks) according to what they did. And your Lord is not unaware of what they do." [Surat Al An`am: 132].

Each person, works whether in obedience and disobedience, has a rank and Allah rewards him for his actions if they are good and punishes him if his actions are bad. I said: These are the words of Ibn Kathir: It is probable that the meaning of Allah's Saying: "For all there will be degrees (or ranks) according to what they did." From the disbelieving humans and jinns and each shall have a rank in Hell as Allah's Saying: "He will say: For each one there is double (torment)." [Surat Al A`raf: 38]. And Allah's Saying: "Those who disbelieved and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah, for them We will add torment over the torment" [Surat An-Nahl: 88]. [see Tafsir Ibn Kathir -Vol. 2- p. 239].

In the interpretation of Allah's Saying: "Do they expect to be rewarded with anything except what they used to do?" [Surat Al A`raf: 147] Ibn Kathir said: We reward or punish you for your actions, each according to his action: Leaders shall have punishment suitable for them and followers have suitable punishment! And Allah knows best! Anyway, this issue is not the point but it came accidentally.

A defect in understanding Al-Wala' wal-Bara' (loyalty and disassociation for Allah's Sake):

No one argues that disbelievers are all equal in disbelief, and religion shall not be accepted from anyone after the mission of the Prophet except Islam which is the only true religion. My view is: No one denies, doubts, or even argues about it but what is taken against some Muslims is that they consider all non-Muslims in one rank in the world and deal with them with accusation and ill-thinking, show hatred to them, and take them as enemies. Moreover, they consider this bad treatment part of disassociation from polytheists but the matter is not as such. Some polytheists are enemies, friends, traitors, trustworthy and so on, so how could we equate between them all? Allah (Glory be to Him) differentiated between them when He said: "Among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is he who, if entrusted with a Qintâr (a great amount of wealth, etc.), will readily pay it back to you; and among them there is he who, if entrusted with a single silver coin, will not repay it to you unless you constantly stand demanding, because they say: "There is no blame on us to betray and take the properties of the illiterates (Arabs)." But they tell a lie against Allâh while they know it." [Surat Al `Imran: 75].

The author of "Fi Zhilal Al Qur'an" commented on the Ayahs saying: "It is the way of justice which the Glorious Qur'an follows in describing the conditions of the People of the Scriptures who used to fight Muslims at that time, and perhaps it is the condition of the People of the Scriptures in all generations. The hostility between Islam and the People of the Scriptures because of their plots does not make the Qur'an underestimate their rights." [Fi Zhilal Al Qur'an, Vol. 1 / P. 389].

The origin of relationships of Muslims with others is peace not war:

You may say: We are commanded to fight the disbelievers. Allah (Glory be to Him) says: "O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who are the Al-Muttaqun (the pious)." [Surat At-Tawbah: 123].

I say: As Muslims, we are commanded to fight those who fight us from disbelievers or stop people from the way of Allah. Disbelief is not the reason for fighting them, but it is warding off aggression and the removal of sedition to make the religion of Allah superior. The meaning of sedition is blocking the way before the spread of Islam and stopping people from embracing it. Allah (Glory be to Him) says: "And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.) * The sacred month is for the sacred month, and for the prohibited things, there is the Law of Equality (Qisas). Then whoever transgresses the prohibition against you, you transgress likewise against him. And fear Allah, and know that Allah is with Al-Muttaqun (the pious)." [Surat Al Baqarah:193 - 194].

So, polytheists who do not stop Muslims from establishing the religion of Allah, it is not permissible to fight them because they do not harm us but their harm is against themselves; this is the view of the majority and is supported by the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Allah (Glory be to Him) says: "And fight in the Way of Allah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors. [This Verse is the first one that was revealed in connection with Jihad, but it was supplemented by another (V. 9:36)]." [Surat Al Baqarah: 190]. It is part of aggression to kill those who do not deserve killing such as women, children, old people, and those who refuse to fight. The previous Ayah is a firm basis in Jihad and one of its fundamentals. In the meantime, other Ayahs that may indicate contradiction and difference with it came in a specific historical context and were revealed concerning a fighting enemy. Scholar Muhammad Abu Zahrah said in "International relationships in Islam": The origin in relationships is peace and Islam does not allow its followers to interfere in others' businesses except for a necessity.

Showing justice to disbelievers is obligatory and showing kindness to them is permissible and sometimes obligatory:

Showing justice to people is obligatory in every time, and it is not permissible to show aggression based on hatred. Allah (Glory be to Him) says: "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah and be just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Well-Acquainted with what you do." [Surat Al Ma'idah: 8]. The matter does not stand at the limit of justice in dealing but Islam permits to us to show kindness to them and may make it obligatory. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "Allâh does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allâh loves those who deal with equity." [Surat Al Mumtahanah: 8].

Of the obligatory kindness to polytheists is showing kindness to unbelieving parents, serving them, and showing benevolence to them Allah (may He be Exalted) says: But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do." [Surat Luqman: 15].

It was reported in Sahih Al Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, and others that the mother of Asma' whose name was Qatilah bint `Abdul-`Uzza was divorced by Abu Bakr in the Pre-Islamic Era. She came to her daughter after the treaty of Al Hudaybiyah while she was a polytheist carrying gifts, cheese, butter, and raisin. She said to her: I do not accept gifts, and do not enter until the Prophet (peace be upon him) gives you permission. I consulted Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him), "O Allah's Messenger! My mother has come to me and she desires to receive a reward from me, shall I keep good relation with her?" He said: "Yes, keep good relation with her." Thereupon, the following Ayah was revealed: "Allâh does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allâh loves those who deal with equity." [Surat Al Mumtahanah: 8].

This is our religion which is full of kindness, peace, and intimacy even with unbelievers as long as they do not show hostility and oppression, particularly with the parents. Intimacy reached its peak by permitting eating their offerings and marrying their women as Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "Made lawful to you this day are At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time." [Surat Al Ma'idah: 5].

It is stunning that some people claim that Islam is a religion of subjugation, oppression, and bad treatment. It is also stunning that some Muslims think that Al Wala' wal Bara' means to be harsh with non-Muslims.

The previous speech does not mean:

- Doubting the disbelief of unbelievers or considering their religions correct.

- Underestimating the favorability of the nation and its status or preferring disbelievers to believers or equating between them, no matter the status of a Muslim as long as there is an atom of faith in his heart.

- Befriending the unbelievers because Wala' means the inner love to non-Muslims, helping them against Muslims, and spreading the secrets of Muslims to them.

- Trusting disbelievers.

- As for Allah's "Not all of them are alike; a party of the people of the Scripture stand for the right, they recite the Verses of Allâh during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer." [Surat Al `Imran: 113], the Ayah was revealed concerning those who had believed from the priests of the People of the Scripture such as `Abdullah ibn Salam, Asad ibn `Ubayd, Tha`labah ibn Sa`yah, Usayd ibn Sa`yah, and others. They were the people who obeyed the commands of Allah and followed the Prophet of Allah, so they were not equal with the criminal of the People of the Scriptures.

The summary:

Non-Muslims are not all the same in regard to relationships, interests, and politics according to their attitudes and positions. It is important to benefit from just people among them and attracting them to our side in supporting our issues. And Allah knows the best!

Muhammad Ali Al Khatib
alukah

عطر الجنة 11-02-2022 08:21 PM

رد: They are not [all] the same!

يكفينا بما حدثنا االقرآن الكريم عن الكفار عامة
ولم يصنفهم هؤلاء شريرون ام طيبون
قال عنهم كفار وان ناخذ الحذر منهم
وعلمنا الله ورسوله عليه الصلاة والسلام
كيف نتعامل معهم في الجيرة او المعاملات التجارية
أنهم يأتون يوم القيامة ذليلين ناكسي رؤوسهم، قال تعالى:
ï´؟وَلَوْ تَرَى إِذِ الْمُجْرِمُونَ نَاكِسُو رُءُوسِهِمْ عِنْدَ رَبِّهِمْ رَبَّنَا أَبْصَرْنَا وَسَمِعْنَا فَارْجِعْنَا نَعْمَلْ صَالِحًا إِنَّا مُوقِنُونَ*)
وقال تعالى: ï´؟*مُهْطِعِينَ مُقْنِعِي رُؤُوسِهِمْ لَا يَرْتَدُّ إِلَيْهِمْ طَرْفُهُمْ وَأَفْئِدَتُهُمْ هَوَاءٌï´¾

Thanks for your efforts
God bless you

الساعة الآن 10:22 PM